International automakers’ annual production in Indiana has more than doubled since 2009, according to Here For America’s Indiana State Economic Impact Study.
Hoosiers built 878,000 vehicles in 2014 across three facilities: Honda Manufacturing of Indiana, LLC, Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc., and Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana, Inc.
The report highlights the impact international automakers have made in Indiana by…
- creating 114,721 local jobs
- directly employing more than 10,000 Hoosiers
- purchasing $10.4 billion from U.S. suppliers
- contributing $13.8 billion to Indiana’s Gross State Product
- generating $1.1 billion in state taxes
- contributing $1.69 billion to federal revenues
Indiana-produced vehicles include: the Honda Civic Hybrid, Civic Natural Gas, and Civic Sedan; the Subaru Legacy, Outback, and Tribeca; and the Toyota Highlander, Highlander Hybrid, Sequoia, and Sienna.
Indiana is also home to 180 international auto dealers who sold a collective 117,586 vehicles in 2014.
Note: Vehicles are made, built, or manufactured in the United States using domestic and globally sourced parts.